Friday, March 17, 2017

Unmasking Zozo - Peeling away Fact from Fiction

A decade ago, I went public with my experiences into what has become known as The Zozo Phenomenon. I had found similar encounters with something that surfaced during Ouija sessions, and I began a quest for the truth. What was it? How is it that so many individuals across the world had encounters with this little known entity? I wanted answers. Ten years later are we closer to unmasking the mystery of Zozo?

I believe we are. In this article I will show indisputable proof that this being has shown up in history hundreds of years before my research ever began. Hundreds of years before the modern invention of the infamous Ouija. I have been accused of fabricating the phenomenon, and that thru the years my story has changed. Let's examine the facts, and separate the mask of misinformation and false rumors from the actual events.

There have been statements proposed in video's and forums on various social media that there was no mention of a Zozo Demon before 2009. That could not be further from the truth. I will mention several examples, a few of which is not in my book with acclaimed paranormal author Rosemary Ellen Guiley. Lets look at the facts.

First let me shatter the claims of a paranormal scholar claiming that there is no mention of Zozo coming thru on Ouija boards before 2009. Here is a Nigerian paranormal forum with a direct reference posted in 2005. Nairaland website click here for the reference. 

Here is a screen shot of the above referenced Zozo Ouija board account, posted in 2005 at Nairaland.com ..... It was posted at 10:28 pm on November 22nd, 2005. This was a full 3 years before I went public. I will post more like this as I locate these accounts. Let's look at the bigger picture.

The Dictionnaire Infernal was written by Colin D'Plancy in various editions in the 1800's. This was my first find when I began research in 2009. In the description it tells the strange tale of a young girl who became infested with three demons. One of them was the little known Zozo, who according to an exorcist, resided inside the girl, and broke a stained glass window of a church when it left her body.

It is not my intent to somehow prove that this encounter is factual, but rather to point out that Zozo is mentioned as an actual demon. That is a fact, not some fabrication. Just because the words Zozo Demon aren't registered in Google search engine statistics before 2009, does not mean there are not many literary sources, grimouires, and other apocrypha that mention Zozo as a demonic entity. Let me move on to the next example.




A quick google search using the keywords Zozo and "devil" brings up a startling revelation in that this play written in 1966 depicts Zozo as TEMPTING ADAM IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN. It goes on to describing a character named Zozo who is an INCARNATION OF THE DEVIL.

Now I am no paranormal scholar, but I don't think it takes one to quickly realize that just because search engines do not show searches of a Zozo Demon before 2009, that these direct mentionings aren't there for even a modest researcher like myself to discover. I do not make this stuff up, nor do I pull them from the dark recesses of my brain. Anyone with an internet connection and a computer or mobile device can find these, and more. This book, available on google, contains the second direct reference to Zozo being demonic. Again, although it is a play, and not making claims that Zozo is a real character, it mentions Zozo as an incarnation of the devil PERIOD. What difference does it really make? I am refuting the claims that there is no mentions of a Zozo Demon before 2009. Those claims are BOGUS. Here's another example, this one going back 700 years to an early Catholic POPE!





The Month and Catholic Review was a monthly periodical available to subscribers from 1864 to 2001. In 1876 the publication mentioned the sermons of the Fransiscan Saint Bernadino of Sienna who lived from 1380 to 1444. In the screen shots of the actual article available on google for view, is yet another example of the direct reference to a DEMONIC ZOZO.








Bernadino describes what he refers to as The MASS OF ZOZO! In Latin the description is COMMUNE OMNIUM DAEMONUM..... or translated to:
COMMON TO ALL DEMONS

This is an incredible example of Zozo showing up in history as an actual demonic force. Perhaps he was correct in that there may be legions of demonic entities who's common denominator is in the harassment of mankind, and using the word Zozo as their method of communication in Ouija boards and other ITC contact here in modern times.

Folks seriously, I did not fabricate the Zozo Phenomenon. I merely exposed it.

Look, I understand it is impossible to prove that this thing is an actual demon, and I admit that I cannot prove that even exists at all. But I can show the evidence, and I can refute all the claims that this whole thing was just the makings of a Hollywood Hoax. Yes, I have been at the epi-center of the research, and many of the roads to Zozo lead back to me, but I have spent years on the internet, digging up bones. Ten years later the bones have formed a skeleton. My story never changed. It's still unfolding. The skeleton is no longer in the closet of nightmares, it's now under the bed.

The story of electricity will always lead back to Benjamin Franklin. We discover new species every day in the animal kingdom. In the field of medicine, new discoveries and breakthrough's are made daily.

I have yet another dramatic reference to Zozo being demonic, and if it were not from a foreign exchange student contacting me in regards to a creepy Zozo story from Tibet, I may have never found it, but YET AGAIN it shows up on google search engines. This reference is translated by a professor of Asian Studies, published and available for anyone to view and interpret. The story is from Tibetan demonology, and has a chilling prophesy for mankind. This is simply astonishing, and being revealed here for the first time. But that doesn't mean I am saying it is going to unfold exactly as the prophesy states. I will provide stunning proof that a demonic Zozo may have existed in someone's mind 7 THOUSAND YEARS AGO! Is this another chilling example of this Zozo manifesting in it's own strange way? YOU be the judge!







Here is a screen shot of a book written in 1998 by Samten Gyaltsen Karmay and Philippe Sagante, a Professor of Asian studies who specialized in Tibetan culture. The name of the book translated from French is Lesneuf for es de l'homme: or The Nine Forces of Man, narratives of the confines of Tibet.

One of my secrets in finding these amazing connections is that I search for things in different languages other than English. This is how I found this bizarre mentioning of Zozo /LORD OF DEMONS






On page 151 of this book we see the actual screen shot here, and in particular the words Seigneur de tous les demons, which means Lord of all Demons. In this prophesy from the 8th Century, we read the following omen:


That until then, a Lord of Demons, a man named Zozo, was enclosed in the ninth story underground inside nine citadels of copper,. He is unhappily released by the 13th King of Yarlung. The begins the age of declines. The power of Zozo and all his demons becomes stronger. Humans pass from one epoch, to another even worse. The demons extend their power all over the world.  






The most incredible part of this prophesy is it goes on to describe events that mirror the major headlines in modern society. Yet again we see a clear link to a character named Zozo and it's links to the demonic world.

Yet again another reference to Zozo and his links to the demonic world before 2009. Clever Hollywood hoax? NO. Yes I played the role of my self, a Zemonologist in the film called I am Zozo. I agreed to be in the film by One World Studios. An indie film company, not some Hollywood giant. They had seen my story that I posted on a paranormal website True Ghost Tales. I still have the original emails from director Scott D'Lalla. And yes, they filmed a spooky trailor to help kickstart the film. I have never claimed that video to be real footage of a Zozo encounter. But the film is based on my research into cases involving the Zozo entity.

Yes, I appeared on Ghost Adventures where we investigate the home I lived in during some of my research and very strange things happened during the filming. Bizarre circumstances were also reported by hundreds of people who watched the episode on television. The fact is I had received hundreds of Zozo stories sent to me from people all over the world PRIOR to that episode airing in 2014.

There has been statements made that the fact that I did not mention the double sided Ouija board to Zak Bagans during that episode proves that it did not exist. YEA RIGHT. Like I felt that was something that should be mentioned at the house in Oklahoma City. The double sided board was found in Tulsa Oklahoma. Another example of misinformation by these critics. The fact remains is that I did not invent the double sided board after an interview in 2016, for I have mentioned that board going all the way back to when I went public in 2008. The story never changed as it has been reported by skeptics. I mention the board in several interviews from that time period. The board was not in my possession very long before I stashed it in the trunk of an abandoned car in the woods of Jennings Oklahoma. My story has never changed.

Yes I was, and still am a fan of Led Zeppelin. Jimmy Page had adopted the Zoso symbol found in early grimouires. How does that equate to me fabricating Zozo, when I have shown irrefutable proof that links to a demonic Zozo are found in history. NOT ZOSO the demon, but ZOZO....a distinctive difference exists.

Is there some magical power in the root Zo? I believe there is evidence to support a resounding YES.

I have found additional proof of an evil Zo:


The above screenshot is of another book pertaining to ancient Buddhism. In this publication it refers to an EVIL ZO!  Again, if you do not believe me, look it up yourself before you declare it false. The fact remains is there are plenty of links to this entity being real. Yes I continue to research the Zozo Phenomenon. The claims of me purposefully fabricating this phenomenon are ridiculous and absurd. One only needs to do look into the actual literature in history to see that this Zozo has been mentioned for hundreds of years. I almost every link, it is described as evil. The burning of the Zozobra, The Zo Shamans of Africa, The Zo people of Burma, the connections are many, and almost always negative. People need to WAKE UP.

I continue to warn people that Ouija communication can be dangerous. And yes, I still on occasion get back on the board to satisfy my own curiosity in regards to spirit attachments. It is always there, waiting. I do not ever use a Ouija board around children or in my home. I will from time to time use the Ouija during paranormal investigations. Iv'e been using them off and on for the last 30 years. And despite what Ouija proponents say, there is a danger involved regardless of an internal or external origin of communication.

Just because bad things do not happen to everyone who uses Ouija does not mean that bad things do not happen. For they do. Once again do some real research before making any blind and non researched opinions. I have never forced my beliefs onto anyone. I merely provide the evidence. It's up to readers to make up their own minds. Healthy debate is welcome, not nasty attacks and stone throwing from people who live in glass houses, or their Mother's basements. People who use fancy female voices in their videos to hide their identities should be suspect. These are the people who fabricate things in order to push their agendas. When I went public ten years ago with my research and experiences, I never dreamed it would turn into what it has. It has taken the form of an egregore the likes of which have never been seen in modern times. I may have regrets exposing this to the world, but never did I fabricate this phenomenon. It existed before me. Demonologist John Zaffis has gone on record that the name has come up time and time again during his long career of investigating the paranormal. Long before I revealed it.

I have responded to hundreds of cases sent to me via email. I have worked dozens of cases in multiple states where I have attempted to help people overcome the influence or rid them from this entity. In every case I have repeated that you must not be afraid of this thing. That can be difficult, but it can be done....I did it.

I fully admit that I cannot prove what this thing is, but I know what it IS NOT. It is not some figment of my imagination. The proof is out there. I encourage everyone to look at the evidence and formulate your own opinions based on the available data, and that is considerable. To thine own self be true. Look at multiple sources, and the encounters of thousands of people across the world. I am not the only one talking about it and researching it. There are other investigators who are filming their encounters with Zozo both in the USA and overseas. Debunking should involve both sides of the story, NOT a one sided diatribe. Read testimonials, and watch interviews. I had nothing to do with the Zozo story featured on the show Paranormal Witness. There are hundreds of videos on Youtube in regards to Zozo that I am in no way affiliated.

So before you claim it's all a fabrication, look at the evidence in history. It's out there. And never trust anyone who claims to be a paranormal scholar. Posting assumptions andf false statements as a means to accuse someone of a fabrication goes against the natural pursuit of the truth. I hope they resolve their own demons.

My story has never changed. I had run-ins with this Z starting in the mid eighties. When I found multiple stories on the internet I decided to group them together and begin research into what has become known as The Zozo Phenomenon. Unbelievably small particles existed before the electron microscope. There was light before the bulb. The fact is people have had experiences with it. And while the phenomenon has taken legendary status due to circumstances beyond my capability of explanation does not change the reality that through history there are many examples of Zozo being referred to as a demon.

Are we to dismiss all the literature simply because it is not listed in the Necronomicon or Goetia? I haven't even got into the connections found in occult works, such as Aleister Crowley. The way it shows up in synchromystical circles such as the synchronicity described by authors such as Jake Kotz's Rant in Z minor. 

Read about George Williamson's Ouija experiences with something that called itself "Zo" in 1958. Here it is mentioned in a book on beings from other dimensions. CLIK HERE

Zozo in Time-Life

The demonic argument is futile. There are forces in this theater of life to which we have no explanation. I encourage everyone to form their opinions based on their own experiences. I will be adding links to this as I find the time for reference.

The picture above is from the film Chester B Demented, and was produced in the year 2000. Clik here for the video clip: Chester

In the clip she says her Dad's name is ZOZO and is the two headed dog that guards the gates of HELL.

 And to everyone who has had encounters with Zozo.....be not afraid of it. Be afraid of those who condemn you for sharing it. Be afraid of keeping it bottled in. Face the fear, it will go away. I'm still here, and so are you.





12 comments:

  1. Dear Darren,
    So glad you continue the fight. I contacted you first in 2015 when my daughters and my self were affected by this. Ine daughter is now living in a mental institution and slowly i have been gaining back my strength and courage and studying to deal with this myself. Every professional we consulted has gotten no where with us. They usually wont even touch us. So this momma has dedicated her life and talents to doing what everyine else is too afraid to do. I have dedicated my life to rituals to strengthen us and this world at this time. My native roots and studying shamanism and Wicca are a huge help.The paranormal activity in this world is off the rails along with the physical world. Bless you for your love, commitment and fearlessness of this. Im getting the people i love back and my life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darren, im so glad you continue your work. You worked with my daughters and i in 2014 when z came into our lives and our world turned on end. I lost one daughter to the mental institution and state. No one you refered us to would not help. Many more "professionals" tried and gave up. I am slowly, through my native American roots, shamanism and wicca learning how to protect us and change things but change is slow and the damage to my daughters health may be permanent. I wont give up! Portals have been open that were eve predicted since biblical times and its people like us that have to learn to step up and deal with the shit. i believe the most affected people, like my daughter are the most gifted. They are healers and channels. Im never ever giving up my work. Thank you from the bottom off my heart for your work and research

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe what you believe in Darren, the facts are all there but yet this demon is still mysterious and not much information of ZoZo is out there but I do believe that there is enough to prove that it exists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister is being piggy backed with this entity from playing I need help we live in okmulgee Oklahoma I need help I'm not sure what to do we've prayed an she laughs like it's a joke it came to me in my dreams and in my room and house two towns over while me and my wife were asleep and she is pregnant and we were sleeping and it was stabbing me in the arm and her in the stomach and she couldn't wake up although she could feel the pain and I have a burn on my arm where there was a stinging pain I need your help

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her and my other sister were playing with the board and she spelled the first two letters to the name and she got scared and tried to stop there hands were flung away and the board finished the name and she said it out loud she did it to scare my other sister but tried to stop cause they got scared they homemade a board and every since then things have been happening things are thrown around she's doing things she didn't an can't remember she got woke up one morning for school and went back to sleep and then my mom went to wake her up again she was standing in the dark staring at the door she like snapped back to earth and didn't know what or how she got there and later when my mom asked her she said she was staring into the it's eyes she said he told her his name is Oliver and it's her friend and when we asked her where he was he said she is followed by the entity everywhere she goes when we asked her where he was she pointed and said he was over there somewhere and the washer started beeping and it was not even on there are big bruises and cuts appearing on her and my sister she shares a room with

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister is being piggy backed with this entity from playing I need help we live in okmulgee Oklahoma I need help I'm not sure what to do we've prayed an she laughs like it's a joke it came to me in my dreams and in my room and house two towns over while me and my wife were asleep and she is pregnant and we were sleeping and it was stabbing me in the arm and her in the stomach and she couldn't wake up although she could feel the pain and I have a burn on my arm where there was a stinging pain I need your help

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are not already aware, Andrew Ward of Proving Demons has been making serious contact. Here is the link https://youtu.be/7GKHbHWzdyA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe I had my first contact with this entity in 1989. I had begun to have strange things happen around me during the last months of my senior year in high school back in 1989. Things would fall off shelves, lights and radios would turn on and off by themselves, doors would lock and unlock. On numerous occasions, friends spending the night at my house would hear people walking around my room in the middle of the night, and they'd hear other strange noises. One morning, my sister, whose bedroom was directly under mine,asked me why I had been moving my furniture at 3:30am the previous night. I wasn't. The things that we saw/heard are innumerable, and there were at least 15 witnesses to various episodes. It began right after I rearranged my bedroom's furniture, and someone suggested I had a ghost. I then found out that two other houses in our neighborhood (with children in their teens) had similar experiences, with demonologists called to one of them. I never heard of their findings. In the fall of 1989, I started college at Wesleyan College. Strange things happened with my dorm room. Other people heard things, much, much more than I did, especially the door unlocking and locking when I was away. One night I walked into the lobby where 2 girls were doing the Ouija Board. It started telling them about me. It said I did have a ghost and it gave info I was never able to substantiate. I started doing the Ouija Board constantly. It predicted unbelievable things, not just about me, many of which later came true. But at some point, things changed. In the end, it would only do figure 8s and would go to the letters "O" and "Z". I referred to him as Oz. Over the years, friends at my new college would get me to drag out my Ouija Board. The same cycle would be repeated. One of the facts from then blew my mind. I was working on genealogy and asked where my great grandfather went to school or where he graduated from. I wanted to know where he graduated from college in the 1880s. It told me the Martin Institute. I later found out that the Martin Institute was a long-closed private high school he had attended and had graduated from, prior to attending college. No one I knew had ever heard of the place. Soon after that, it quit answering questions and began to do it's regular routine. I stopped messing with the thing completely around 1996. My husband (we started dating in 1987), knew all about my experiences, so he was really creeped out by something that happened in 2002. Two friends saw my Ouija Board in a closet when they were visiting us, and they bugged me until I got the thing down. As soon as our friends touched the planchette, it started speeding back and forth between "Z" and "O". We put the thing away immediately. After that, I left it at my parents' house. My father is a United Methodist minister (now retired) who has an M.Div. and a D.Min. I haven't touched it since. Around 2010, teenaged children in my family started asking me to do it with them, after I'd warned them against using one. One of the girls was obsessed with it, and, months later, she told me she'd been reading online about Zozo. I couldn't believe it. I felt that some of the online accounts were likely fabricated, but some virtually mirrored my own experiences. When this started, I was on the verge of pretty serious emotional turmoil, including a pregnancy at 18. Since I was a toddler, it wasn't unusual for unexplained things to be connected to me. If I warned family members about something, they paid attention. That's just one example, but I'm wondering if this aspect about myself attracted this thing. I adapted a militant, offensive attitude toward it and have been left alone for about 20 years. Even though my contact was pretty mild, I hope it's over forever.

    I appreciate the documentation you've provided and also the work that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's possible that Zozo is a perversion or alternate form of the name of the demon Pazuzu, which has been speculated on by many. Of course, it seems that many people who claim to be occult experts, demonologists, students of the occult/paranormal/supernatural/preternatural/metaphysical, etc... have no idea what demons are in actuality (such as the mistaken belief that all demons are "evil", want your soul, Lucifer is "the devil", etc...). The majority, in fact, seem to know very little about what they speak of and claim to be experts in.

    Those claiming such things really need to do a lot more research and to actually contact and work with some of these beings/entities before the spout the dogmatic, religious viewpoints that spawned these assertions, a great many of which came about when the Roman Empire became the Holy Roman Empire. People were told "convert or die, and your gods are evil demons". These, and many more things, led to most people's modern ideas of what demons are. People will all too readily believe anything which the powers that be tell them to believe, just look at how readily people watch the mainstream media and buy into it as if the msm were Holy Writ. It's much easier for the masses to do this rather than think for themselves (that would require thinking, fact checking, and research).

    With that said, I think it would behoove mankind as a whole to start thinking for themselves and not blindly follow what those with the biggest agendas, the most wealth and power (and thus, with the most to lose if people started thinking for themselves) if we are to advance as a society as well as bring back the ideas of freedom of choice, will, and actions (as long as you aren't raping, robbing, etc...). It would seem modern society has lost sight of this form of common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to talk to someone about my recent encounter there was zozo and a few others named and I have looked and looked kinda obsessed with it honestly and I can’t find this “nickname”...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow holy fucking shit. I hope everything is still going well

    ReplyDelete
  12. For anyone in need of removal of these type entities contact me at: llu6n6ull@gmail.com

    I have cleaned homes and stripped things even stronger then this class of entity from people..

    I want nothing in return nor do i sell anything..

    ReplyDelete